Tuesday, November 27, 2007

dinner with the Dongs

btw im tryin to go for the modern look but it ended up looking just like nessy poo's blog *twin stare*

so today my mum was like "we're goin to dinner with ur dad tonite" and im thinkin "this is a rare event... but there is a high probability of humilation that will come with this event as it involves all three of us being in public"

we've been tryin to go to that ISHU-SUMFINSUMFIN Sushi Bar for ages now and tonite was the third time my parents have tried. the past two times we didnt get it becuz my mum would say "we have to get there early or we wont get in" and my dad would say "sif (or na li...)" then we would drive there and not get a seat and would go to the resturant next door which sells poo in soup. third times a charm... this time they made a reservation. makes all the difference.

so when we get out of the car my mum hands me a water bottle

Mum: put this in ur bag
Me: k..

it wasnt later till i realised why.
Mum: is the tea free?
Waiter: No.
Mum: that's all then.

then she tells me to pull out the water bottle from my bag. already i could see the waiters eyes turning as i ever so slowly poured our own personal water into their classy foam cups.

Waiter: *walks up to me* Umm excuse me, we don't allow drinks from outside, could you please put that bottle on the chair away from view

Me: *thinking* i was framed i tells you!!!



my dad doesnt get out much so this resturant was a whole new world to him.

Dad: *looks at menu and says to waiter* ok so...which one is the sushi?

Me: *looking for the waiters reaction* sure enough it was the "max face", the look of unimpressedness

Waiter: ... ah this whole side of the menu is sushi.

Dad: *thinks* i came for Japanese food... not sushi.



waiting for the next Dong outing.

0 comments: