Friday, November 06, 2009


congratulations! it's a boy!

hey everyone, I'd like you to meet my new baby.. Barry.
I named him Barry, after Barry White, because the guy at the store said he has a little more bass than the other guitars.

it was alot like giving birth, in some ways.

like, I had an expected date.. but I wasn't sure if it would happen earlier or later.. came close to postponing today.

I got to the shops early.. and Max came late.. so it was a long labour.

I wasn't sure what to expect.. was it going to have a polish finish or natural? black hair or red hair (that'd be random).

I mistakenly took home a guitar with a chip on it. so I carried that one around the city, on the bus, to my car, then back to my car, to the bus stop, to the city again... and finally got to bring my REAL Barry home (chip-free).

so now because of that traumatic ordeal.. i've become an over protective mother who can only let her Barry sleep on the bed. might have to sleep on the couch tonight.

and yes... the clear sticker is still on the guitar... because i'm asian.

6 comments:

Hi, I'm Wendy said...

CONGRATS FRANCEYYYY

=) Beautiful Barry. Natural finish is good.

Unknown said...

They are so fail. They didn't pack my power adapter in with my keyboard. I got home, unpacked it all and then... FAIL.

JOshlullaby said...

nice baby!! asian blood!

Unknown said...

haha you're not the only one who names their guitars :P

you'll get to meet kuro at ayc :D

Anonymous said...

my baby is nameless, cos it's awesome. i call it by "awesome"

Homes said...

i offer my sincerest congratulations frances!
i agree with josh - light brown polish? black finish? it's asian!