Friday, August 27, 2010

Being Content - Sunday School Lesson

Paul used to be high up in the religious world of the Pharisees. But after Jesus chose him to do his work, Paul gave up all his wealth and power to be persecuted for the glory of God. Before his imprisonment in Rome, he was tortured, flogged, insulted, misrepresented, was in a storm at sea, and spent 2 years under house arrest. But he still rejoiced and he was still content. How could this be possible?


I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Phil 4:10-13


Sometimes we all get that lightbulb moment when we're in our lows. When we just turn back to the God and realise He is all we ever need and more, that's when we can let go of the things that we think we deserve.

2 comments:

Gold Tips said...

such a awesome post regarding "Being Content - Sunday School Lesson "

Commodity Tips Free Trial
Commodity Trading Tips

NIOS Admission 12th said...

nice and superb post. i like this type of post.

NIOS Admission 10th